The dog speaks
Firedog celebrates in style
It was nine whole years ago that Firedog was conceived and all the magic began, so in true Firedog style, we donned our fancy dress and had a party! We had a loose brief of dressing up as nine year olds, but were allowed to freestyle a bit. Animal tattoos, odd glasses and weird hair do’s were all the rage..
We knocked off early on a Friday afternoon, got our gear on – whilst humming along to Kylie Minogue, Madonna and all the other cheesy favourites from the good old days – and headed off to Pinchito Tapas. Ole!
Perhaps the nine year old theme was abandoned somewhat when it came to the beverages… We did try to keep them colourful and fruity though – just like Cliff’s sense of humour.
Have a look at some incriminating photos below – as well as random facts about the number 9.
- It takes 9 months for a baby to develop in the womb
- A spider with a walking stick makes 9 legs
- A dog dressed as a cat has 9 lives
- Being on cloud 9 means happy, euphoric and high
- There are 9 planets in the solar system, although in 2006 Pluto was designated a non-planet (but we’ll ignore that!)
- 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 dictionary were misspelled. If you add the 3, 5 and 1 together, that makes 9!
- The expression to the nines means to the highest degree.
- The average human brain is 93 mm high. (let’s ignore the 3)
- Certain frogs can be frozen solid then thawed, and continue living. Ok, that has nothing to do with the number 9 but it’s pretty interesting!